[comp.sys.mac.comm] Zmodem and White Knight?

chrism@col.hp.com (Chris Magnuson) (08/16/90)

Thanks for all the responses on mac comm problems from previous
postings.

I now have White Knight and would very much like to download things
from a UNIX host using the Omen Technology Zmodem tools (from sumex,
for those who don't yet have them).  Problem is I can't get White
Knight to recognize the file transfer.  WK just keeps incrementing
the transmission error count.

From UNIX I type:
  sz filename

And then White Knight starts counting errors.

Anybody have this problem before?  Yes I read the manual.

Chris Magnuson
chrism@col.hp.com

chrism@col.hp.com (Chris Magnuson) (08/17/90)

And another thing...what bugs are fixed between White Knight 11.07 and
11.08 revs?  I have 11.07 and version 3.07 of rz and sz tools but still
can't figure out how to get downloads from my UNIX host to my Mac via
modem.

Arrgh.  Help me.

Chris Magnuson
chrism@col.hp.com

rterry@hpcupt1.HP.COM (Ray Terry) (08/18/90)

> I have 11.07 and version 3.07 of rz and sz tools but still
> can't figure out how to get downloads from my UNIX host to my Mac via
> modem.

Look under Customize->Options->File Transfer (Cmd-OF).  Down in the lower
left corner is a check-box for "Auto-receive".  If that box is checked and
you're using rzsz 3.0x, auto-receive should work w/o any problems.

Ray

mosemann@hoss.unl.edu (Russell Mosemann) (08/19/90)

In <101740007@hpcupt1.HP.COM> rterry@hpcupt1.HP.COM (Ray Terry) writes:

>> I have 11.07 and version 3.07 of rz and sz tools but still
>> can't figure out how to get downloads from my UNIX host to my Mac via
>> modem.

>Look under Customize->Options->File Transfer (Cmd-OF).  Down in the lower
>left corner is a check-box for "Auto-receive".  If that box is checked and
>you're using rzsz 3.0x, auto-receive should work w/o any problems.

>Ray

   Auto receive works with Zmodem regardless of the state of that box.  The
box is for Y-modem auto receive.  I don't think he is having trouble with
auto receive.  He is have problems receiving blocks of bytes after a
connection has been established.

Russell
mosemann@hoss.unl.edu
uunet!hoss.unl.edu!mosemann

ngg@bridge2.ESD.3Com.COM (Norman Goodger) (08/24/90)

In article <101740007@hpcupt1.HP.COM> rterry@hpcupt1.HP.COM (Ray Terry) writes:
>> I have 11.07 and version 3.07 of rz and sz tools but still
>> can't figure out how to get downloads from my UNIX host to my Mac via
>> modem.
>
>Look under Customize->Options->File Transfer (Cmd-OF).  Down in the lower
>left corner is a check-box for "Auto-receive".  If that box is checked and
>you're using rzsz 3.0x, auto-receive should work w/o any problems.
>
>Ray

	Actually since version 11.02, Zmodem's Auto_Receive has been
	independant of the Auto-Recieve checkbox in File transfer
	options. It will always Auto_Recieve when it sees the Zmodem
	start string **B00 etc no matter how the Auto_Recieve checkbox
	is set.

	---

--
Norm Goodger				SysOp - MacInfo BBS @415-795-8862
3Com Corp.				Co-SysOp FreeSoft RT - GEnie.