[comp.sys.mac.comm] "America Online" <-> Internet email?

brennan@merk.UUCP (Rich Brennan) (08/25/90)

A friend needs to contact someone on the "America Online" network via
email. I know compuserve has an internet gateway, does anyone know if
"America Online" does also? Please email replies, I'll summarize if there
is enough interest. Thanks!

Rich.
--
brennan@merk.com	...!uunet!merk!brennan		Rich Brennan

brennan@merk.UUCP (Rich Brennan) (08/28/90)

Well, from the letters I've been receiving, it looks like there's no
internet email gateway, and according to one source, it's currently not
on AOL's "To Do" list, either.

Thanks for all the replies. I'm going to call the rascals anyway, just
to needle them; maybe they'll get the picture and get a gateway set up.

Rich.
--
brennan@merk.com	...!uunet!merk!brennan		Rich Brennan

daven@svc.portal.com (08/29/90)

In article <4073@merk.UUCP> brennan@merk.UUCP (Rich Brennan) writes:
>Thanks for all the replies. I'm going to call the rascals anyway, just
>to needle them; maybe they'll get the picture and get a gateway set up.

Yes, please do!  I've been on their case as well. There has been some
discussion of a gateway over in the Mac Communications Forum (keyword: MCM)
of AOL. If they hear enough complaints, they'll get the idea.

Dave Newman
(on AOL: AFA DaveN)

Dave Newman - Sofware Ventures        | daven@svc.portal.com | AppleLink: D0025
Berkeley, CA  (415) 644-3232          | AOL: MicroPhone      | CIS: 76004,2161