[comp.sys.mac.comm] utilities to decompress .Z files...

blob@Apple.COM (Brian Bechtel) (09/14/90)

n138ct@tamuts.tamu.edu (Brent Burton) writes:
>What utility(ies) will decompress .Z files once I get them on my Mac?

MacCompress 3.2, available from sumex-aim.stanford.edu.

--Brian Bechtel		blob@apple.com		"My opinion, not Apple's"

rterry@hpcupt1.HP.COM (Ray Terry) (09/15/90)

> What utility(ies) will decompress .Z files once I get them on my Mac?
> thanks!

MacCompress does that.  I think the latest version is v3.2.

Ray

epan@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Eric C. Pan) (09/22/90)

  You should be able to get MacCompress (3.2?) over at any Info-Mac archives,   a good one to check is sumex.Stanford.edu.
	It will compress Unix *.Z files, and also optionally allow Mac 32 bit   compression, which is alot better than StuffIt