[comp.sys.mac.comm] white knight zmodem troubles

mbharrin@sdcc13.ucsd.edu (Matthew Harrington) (10/01/90)

Hello,

I am currently running White Knight 11.04 and am trying
to download files from my school's UNIX system to my
Mac SE using sz.  White Knight automatically recognizes
that the host is attempting to send a file via zmodem,
but it doesn't get any farther than that.  However,
the host system has a help file that gives step-by-step
instructions on how to download using Zterm and sz.  I am
led to believe that the problem is here on my side of
the connection, using White Knight 11.04.  Anyone know
of any bugs in 11.04 that could be causing this?

Thanks,
Matt H.

--
Matthew B. Harrington                        Internet: matt@ucsd.edu
University of California at San Diego        Bitnet: MATT@UCSD

rock@warp.Eng.Sun.COM (Bill Petro) (10/01/90)

mbharrin@sdcc13.ucsd.edu (Matthew Harrington) writes:

>Hello,

>I am currently running White Knight 11.04 and am trying
>to download files from my school's UNIX system to my
>Mac SE using sz.  White Knight automatically recognizes
>that the host is attempting to send a file via zmodem,
>but it doesn't get any farther than that.  However,
>the host system has a help file that gives step-by-step
>instructions on how to download using Zterm and sz.  I am
>led to believe that the problem is here on my side of
>the connection, using White Knight 11.04.  Anyone know
>of any bugs in 11.04 that could be causing this?

>Thanks,
>Matt H.

>--
>Matthew B. Harrington                        Internet: matt@ucsd.edu
>University of California at San Diego        Bitnet: MATT@UCSD
>9450 Gilman Dr. 926067                       UUCP: ucsd!matt
>La Jolla, CA 92092-6067                      Tel: (619) 457-9884

It may be your UNIX terminal handling program.  I had a similar problem
when I ran "screen" on my Sun UNIX machine.  It interfered with the sz
protocol.

--
     Bill Petro  {decwrl,hplabs,ucbvax}!sun!Eng!rock
"UNIX for the sake of the kingdom of heaven"  Matthew 19:12