[comp.sys.mac.comm] CTB file transfer tools?

rang@cs.wisc.edu (Anton Rang) (10/02/90)

OK, so I have a communications program which supports the CTB's file
transfer tools (though not the terminal emulators, oh well).  When I
got it, I thought, "Gee, this is great, in a few months I'll be able
to use ZModem, and Sealink, and WXModem, and anything!"  Not that I
even know what half of those are, but they show up on the BBSes I
call.  (Bimodem would be nice, too!)  :-)

  Well...it's been a few months, and I have yet to see even one file
transfer tool show up at Sumex or anywhere else.  Are they that hard
to write?  Or is nobody working on one?  Are there a few somewhere,
that I've just missed somehow?

  If not, well...how much is the CTB documentation, and how hard are
they to write?  (It would be nice if Apple had some sample code to
distribute, but somehow I doubt they do....)

	Anton

+---------------------------+------------------+-------------+
| Anton Rang (grad student) | rang@cs.wisc.edu | UW--Madison |
+---------------------------+------------------+-------------+

kdb@macaw.intercon.com (Kurt Baumann) (10/03/90)

In article <RANG.90Oct1195619@jaguar.cs.wisc.edu>, rang@cs.wisc.edu (Anton
Rang) writes:
>   If not, well...how much is the CTB documentation, and how hard are
> they to write?  (It would be nice if Apple had some sample code to
> distribute, but somehow I doubt they do....)

Call up APDA.  Sample code is part of the developers CTB package.  Also contains
a file transfer tool or two if I remember.

--
Kurt Baumann                       InterCon Systems Corporation
703.709.9890                      Creators of fine TCP/IP products