[comp.sys.mac.comm] Tektronics emulation w/TCP-IP and Ethernet

mmccann@hubcap.clemson.edu (Mike McCann) (10/03/90)

I am interested in TCP-IP based communications software that will
display Tektronix graphics on a MacII.  I will be going to VAX and
mainframe (3270) computers.  A PD or commercial software package will be
OK.

Thanks for your help in advance,

--
Mike McCann       (803) 656-2721   Internet = mmccann@hubcap.clemson.edu
Engineering Computer Operations      Bitnet = mmccann@clemson.bitnet

kdb@macaw.intercon.com (Kurt Baumann) (10/03/90)

In article <10731@hubcap.clemson.edu>, mmccann@hubcap.clemson.edu (Mike McCann)
writes:
> I am interested in TCP-IP based communications software that will
> display Tektronix graphics on a MacII.  I will be going to VAX and
> mainframe (3270) computers.  A PD or commercial software package will be
> OK.
>
> Thanks for your help in advance,
>
> --
> Mike McCann       (803) 656-2721   Internet = mmccann@hubcap.clemson.edu
> Engineering Computer Operations      Bitnet = mmccann@clemson.bitnet
> Clemson University
> Clemson, S.C. 29634-2803         DISCLAIMER = I speak only for myself.

If all you need is Tek4014 then get a copy of NCSA Telnet PD.  If you want
a package that contains Tek4014,TN3270 then (please correct me if I am wrong)
TCP/Connect II (com) and Brown's version of NCSA Telnet (PD) will do that.
At least I think Brown's will allow Tek4014.

There is also InterCon Telnet Driver/Tool which will allow VersaTerm Pro
(4105) to run over the net.  With the Tool portion you can get any com program
that supports a connection tool to run over the net.

Hope that helps.
--
Kurt Baumann                       InterCon Systems Corporation
703.709.9890                      Creators of fine TCP/IP products