[comp.sys.mac.comm] VersaTerm

owen@raven.phys.washington.edu (Russell Owen) (10/12/90)

VersaTerm 4.1.1 already supports the CTB, and if VT Pro doesn't already,
it should soon. Lonnie Abelbeck offers the best support I've seen in the
industry.

Any idea if VT + the appropriate TCP tool will support multiple Telnet
logins, or just one session?

Russell Owen
owen@raven.phys.washington.edu
Astronomy Dept. FM-20
University of Washington
Seattle, WA  98195

barry@playfair.stanford.edu (Barrett P. Eynon) (10/13/90)

In article <9042@milton.u.washington.edu> owen@raven.phys.washington.edu (Russell Owen) writes:
>VersaTerm 4.1.1 already supports the CTB, and if VT Pro doesn't already,
>it should soon. Lonnie Abelbeck offers the best support I've seen in the
>industry.

I agree completely. Lonnie's personal availability for supporting his
products is great, it means you can get the real answers and have some
direct input into the product.

>Any idea if VT + the appropriate TCP tool will support multiple Telnet
>logins, or just one session?

Though I didn't happen to catch Lonnie in the last time I called Synergy,
which was about a week ago just to check that 4.1.1 is the current version
(it is), the woman I spoke to said that the next release of VT/Pro, due
out at the end of this year (in time for MacWorld SF, I would assume)  will
include FTP and Telnet CTB tools as part of the package.

As usual, a class act all around.

--
Barry Eynon
barry@playfair.stanford.edu