[comp.sys.mac.comm] mail, internet to compuserve?

worrall@freezer.it.udel.edu (Robert Worrall) (10/18/90)

I know this has been discussed here before but could someone please refresh
my memory?  How can I send mail to compuserve accounts via internet, and can
they reply?  Thanks.

Robert Todd Worrall
CIS, University of Delaware
worrall@freezer.it.udel.edu
kb2ggs@wb0jjx.ampr.org

geoff@pmafire.UUCP (Geoff Allen) (10/20/90)

worrall@freezer.it.udel.edu (Robert Worrall) asks:

And fri0@quads.uchicago.edu (Christian E. Fritze) writes:
|If, as an example, my CIS ID is 11111,4444 then I can send myself mail on
|CIS with the address:
|
|11111.4444@compuserve.com
|
|It is very important to replace the comma in the CIS ID with a period when
|sending from internet.

Also, to get mail from CIS to us here in the real world [ :^) ], the
address is of the form:

	>internet: geoff@winco.inel.gov

or

	>internet: uunet!pmafire!geoff

(the '>' is part of the address)

--
Geoff Allen         \  Computers are useless.
uunet!pmafire!geoff  \  They can only give you answers.

Douglas.Welch@p7.f823.n102.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Douglas Welch) (10/21/90)

> I know this has been discussed here before but could someone please refresh
> my memory?  How can I send mail to compuserve accounts via internet, and can
> they reply?  Thanks.
>
> Robert Todd Worrall
> CIS, University of Delaware
> worrall@freezer.it.udel.edu
> kb2ggs@wb0jjx.ampr.org

To Compuserve from Internet:
CIS ID@compuserve.com       Example:  76625.3301@compuserve.com

To Internet from Compuserve:
>INTERNET:<internet address>  Example:  >INTERNET:tecstar!dewelch@stb.info.com

Hope this helps !

Doug Welch in Van Nuys, CA

--
Douglas Welch via cmhGate - Net 226 fido<=>uucp gateway Col, OH
UUCP: ...!osu-cis!n8emr!cmhgate!102!823.7!Douglas.Welch