[comp.sys.mac.comm] zmodem on a VAX

jym@wuphys.wustl.edu (Jim C. Harpel) (10/19/90)

I copied the four files related to zmodem and unshared them.
However, they would not completely compile as a file called
"termio" was not included.  Would someone please tell me how
to implement the rz and sz comands on a VAX.

I am relatively new to this mode of communication and hope I am
not asking for something that has been discussed recently. Thank
you for your patience and knowledge.

Jim Harpel
jym@wuphys.wustl.edu

caf@omen.UUCP (Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX) (10/20/90)

In article <1990Oct19.012637.1507@wuphys.wustl.edu> jym@wuphys.UUCP (Jim C. Harpel) writes:
>............ Would someone please tell me how
>to implement the rz and sz comands on a VAX.

Compiled VMS rz/sz are contained in RZSZ.TLB, available on TeleGodzilla's
upgrade/vms directory.  These files are for use with ZMODEM-90(Tm) programs.
An unrestricted version of these files is available on tape.

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX          ...!tektronix!reed!omen!caf
Author of YMODEM, ZMODEM, Professional-YAM, ZCOMM, and DSZ
  Omen Technology Inc    "The High Reliability Software"
17505-V NW Sauvie IS RD   Portland OR 97231   503-621-3406
TeleGodzilla:621-3746 FAX:621-3735 CIS:70007,2304 Genie:CAF

jimb@silvlis.com (Jim Budler) (10/21/90)

In article <1990Oct19.012637.1507@wuphys.wustl.edu> jym@wuphys.UUCP (Jim C. Harpel) writes:
>I copied the four files related to zmodem and unshared them.
>However, they would not completely compile as a file called
>"termio" was not included.  Would someone please tell me how
>to implement the rz and sz comands on a VAX.

There are two more source files in the later packages for use on the Vax.
The following is from the beginning of sz.c:

 *
 * Typical VMS compile and install sequence:
 *
 *              define LNK$LIBRARY   SYS$LIBRARY:VAXCRTL.OLB
 *              cc sz.c
 *              cc vvmodem.c
 *              link sz,vvmodem
 *      sz :== $disk$user2:[username.subdir]sz.exe
 *
 *  If you feel adventureous, remove the #define BADSEEK line
 *  immediately following the #ifdef vax11c line!  Some VMS
 *  systems know how to fseek, some don't.
 *

jim
--
     /  o         /      Jim Budler      jimb@silvlis.com      |  Proud