[comp.sys.mac.comm] Location of a TRUE vt100 emulator...

rcte2p@jetson.uh.edu (Paul S. Sears) (10/26/90)

I am looking for a decent vt220 or a TRUE vt100 emulation.  I currently use
NCSA telnet to communicate to our VMS and to our Ultrix host.  I need a
emulator that handles the vt102 subset with bold, underline, blink, plus the
stadard vt100+ escape commands...  And it has to be a telnet program (no
dial-out) and has to be compatable with either a Mac plus, a Mac II or a Mac
IIci as I work on all three machines frequently... The machines are networked
in appletalk and ethernet.  Thank you.

--

*********************************************  "the greater an individual's
* Paul Sears      The University of Houston *   power over others, the greater

kdb@macaw.intercon.com (Kurt Baumann) (10/26/90)

In article <7336.2726dae9@jetson.uh.edu>, rcte2p@jetson.uh.edu (Paul S. Sears)
writes:
> I am looking for a decent vt220 or a TRUE vt100 emulation.  I currently use
> NCSA telnet to communicate to our VMS and to our Ultrix host.  I need a
> emulator that handles the vt102 subset with bold, underline, blink, plus the
> stadard vt100+ escape commands...  And it has to be a telnet program (no
> dial-out) and has to be compatable with either a Mac plus, a Mac II or a Mac
> IIci as I work on all three machines frequently... The machines are networked
> in appletalk and ethernet.  Thank you.

Well I don't know of any PD software that will do what you need, and I only
know of two commercial packages that will do what you are looking for.

The Wollongong Group with their MacPathWay Access.  Will do true VT240/241
emulation.

InterCon Systems TCP/Connect II which will do true VT240/241 as well.

Or you could find a copy of some serial package that does VT220 emulation
and supports the CTB, then you could get either ASC's TCPack, or InterCon's
Telnet Driver/Tool.  Both of which are CTB connection tools.

Hope that helps.

--
Kurt Baumann                       InterCon Systems Corporation
703.709.9890                      Creators of fine TCP/IP products

rpcfod@uarthur.UUCP (Robert Patt-Corner) (10/27/90)

There are quite a few true VT102 emulators; the key is to use the
comm toolbox.  I believe InterConn in reston (hope I remembered that
right, there are other threads covering this) has the tool.

Emulators include:

MacTerminal (Vt102, Vt320)
Versaterm
Mac241 (by rumour)
Reflection 2 (toolbox version just out)

leonardr@svc.portal.com (Leonard Rosenthol) (10/30/90)

In article <19@uarthur.UUCP>, rpcfod@uarthur.UUCP (Robert Patt-Corner) writes:

> There are quite a few true VT102 emulators; the key is to use the
> comm toolbox.  I believe InterConn in reston (hope I remembered that
> right, there are other threads covering this) has the tool.
>
> Emulators include:
>
> MacTerminal (Vt102, Vt320)
> Versaterm
> Mac241 (by rumour)
> Reflection 2 (toolbox version just out)

	You can also include MicroPhone II 3.0 and the Intercon Telnet Driver
in that list.  Also, if I remembered the original users request correctly
then Versaterm and Mac240 will not be appropriate as he wanted support for
all of the standard VTxxx text attributes, and VT and Mac240 do not support
Blink...
--
Leonard Rosenthol
Software Ventures Corp.