[comp.sys.mac.comm] Tektronix emulators

warner@scubed.com (Ken Warner) (10/30/90)

Are there any comm packages (idunno the names but like Kermit,RedRider,etc.)
that emulate Tektronix terminals (like the old 4014) and run on a IIcx over a
phone line?

Email me if you can.

Ken Warner
warner@scubed.scubed.com

c60a-cz@danube.Berkeley.EDU (Donald Burr) (10/31/90)

In article <463@scubed.SCUBED.COM> warner@scubed.com (Ken Warner) writes:
>Are there any comm packages (idunno the names but like Kermit,RedRider,etc.)
>that emulate Tektronix terminals (like the old 4014) and run on a IIcx over a
>phone line?

Yes there are, matter of fact.  Versaterm-PRO (who it's by, I don't know)
emulates two varieties of Tektronix terminals (which ones, I don't know
either) as well as several other types.

>Email me if you can.

>Ken Warner
>warner@scubed.scubed.com

Donald Burr, c60a-cz@danube.Berkeley.edu  | "I have a seperate mail-address
University of California, Berkeley        | for flames and other such nega-
Majoring in Computer Science              | tive msgs; it's called /dev/null."

fseipel@hpuxa.ircc.ohio-state.edu (Frank E. Seipel) (10/31/90)

 VersaTerm-PRO emulates the following terminals: Tek 4105, Tek 4014,
VT100, and DG200. IMHO it is the best Tek emulator. Once in graphic mode,
one can: Clear page, zoom in, zoom out, scale polygons, text, set line
styles, print the graphics to printer, save the graphics to disk, and load
graphics from disk. Moreover it has a special printer driver, so vectors look
like vectors, not jagged lines. If you are developing a graphics program,
it is very nice to be able to switch between the graphics window and terminal
window, or to look back at previous graphics pages. The numeric keypad can
be mapped for gold keys. The VI mouse is supported. The program offers
comprehensive online help. In short, it isn't called VERSAterm for nothing.
In fact it would take quite some thought to come up with a feature this
program doesn't have. Oh, yeah, the new version will be the first to support
the new communications toolbox. L. Abelback sure knows what he's doing.