[comp.sys.mac.comm] Telnet SLIP help

michaelh@uhunix1.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu (Michael A. Hoffhines) (10/23/90)

I have been trying to get Cisco's version (unsupported) of NCSA's Telnet
up and running with little success and would like to hear from anyone who
has gotten this going.

My intentions are to use the Tek4014 emulation over a dial-up connection.
Is this possible using this software? I, obviously, don't know much about
the capabilities or lack thereof of SLIP and would appreciate any info.

E-mail me and I'll post a summary if there is enough interest.

Thanks in advance, Mike.

 Michael Hoffhines               | INTERNET: michaelh@uhunix.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu
 ICS Department                  |
 University of Hawaii            | Hey, hey, hey. Don't be mean. B. Banzai

kdb@macaw.intercon.com (Kurt Baumann) (10/24/90)

In article <9985@uhccux.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu>, michaelh@uhunix1.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu
(Michael A. Hoffhines) writes:
> My intentions are to use the Tek4014 emulation over a dial-up connection.
> Is this possible using this software? I, obviously, don't know much about
> the capabilities or lack thereof of SLIP and would appreciate any info.

You should have no trouble using the Tek4014 emulation over SLIP.  We use
a modified version of this (Tek emulation) in our TCP/Connect II and it works
well over SLIP.

Sorry not much help on the set up of cisco's Telnet version.

--
Kurt Baumann                       InterCon Systems Corporation
703.709.9890                      Creators of fine TCP/IP products

peter@hari.Viewlogic.COM (Peter Colby) (10/25/90)

	Where can I get SLIP for a mac plus - It's kind of hard to run
Ethernet or Appletalk over phone lines from my home machine!

Inquiring minds want to know.
(Besides, it couldn't be any worse than using the current (cheap) versions
of uucp).

	Peter C

--
      (O) !the doctor is out! (O)     (0) peter@viewlogic.com (0)

MAUKONEN@ucf1vm.cc.ucf.edu (11/01/90)

I would also like to know where I can get slip for the mac.

chris
maukonen@ucf1vm.cc.ucf.edu