[comp.sys.mac.comm] mac sh wanted

jtt@cunixd.cc.columbia.edu (James T. Tanis) (11/11/90)

is there a mac utility that will unpack shell archives? I've got a lot of
little source files that need to go down to my mac, and I don't want to do
them one at a time, nor is batching reliable.

PLEASE respond via net mail, or post to csmp.

thanks.

-JT

c60a-cz@danube.Berkeley.EDU (Donald Burr) (11/11/90)

In article <1990Nov10.163234.20256@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu> jtt@cunixd.cc.columbia.edu (James T. Tanis) writes:
>is there a mac utility that will unpack shell archives? I've got a lot of
>little source files that need to go down to my mac, and I don't want to do
>them one at a time, nor is batching reliable.

Hmm.  I'm looking for the same thing.  Let me know if you find one;
better yet, mail it to me please.  Thanks.

I suppose , if one does not exist, I suppose I could hack something up in
QuickBasic or C or something.

watch this space for more details, coming soon to a UNIX near you

BTW: What IS the format of shell archives anyways?
Donald Burr, c60a-cz@danube.Berkeley.edu  | "I have a seperate mail-address
University of California, Berkeley        | for flames and other such nega-
Majoring in Computer Science              | tive msgs; it's called /dev/null."

blob@Apple.COM (Brian Bechtel) (11/12/90)

c60a-cz@danube.Berkeley.EDU (Donald Burr) writes:

>In article <1990Nov10.163234.20256@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu> jtt@cunixd.cc.columbia.edu (James T. Tanis) writes:
>>is there a mac utility that will unpack shell archives? I've got a lot of
>>little source files that need to go down to my mac, and I don't want to do
>>them one at a time, nor is batching reliable.

>Hmm.  I'm looking for the same thing.  Let me know if you find one;
>better yet, mail it to me please.  Thanks.

A primitive one, with source, is available via anonymous ftp from
ftp.apple.com in the ~ftp/nerdtools directory.

--Brian Bechtel     blob@apple.com     "My opinion, not Apple's"