[comp.sys.mac.comm] TCP Connect II and serial port

nicolas@cnam.UUCP (Nicolas Berloquin) (11/12/90)

Has anyone tried to use TCP/Connect II to connect on a remote network through
the serial port with a modem? The connection works ok, but I don't manage to
use    the FTP, News, Mail features. How does one configure TCP/Connect
to do such things?

                                 Nico...
nicolas@cnam.cnam.fr

kdb@macaw.intercon.com (Kurt Baumann) (11/20/90)

In article <283@cnam.UUCP>, nicolas@cnam.UUCP (Nicolas Berloquin) writes:
> Has anyone tried to use TCP/Connect II to connect on a remote network through
> the serial port with a modem? The connection works ok, but I don't manage to
> use    the FTP, News, Mail features. How does one configure TCP/Connect
> to do such things?
>
>                                  Nico...
> nicolas@cnam.cnam.fr

You need to invoke SLIP on the remote end and then you will be able to use
the News, FTP, and Mail features.  Ask the remotes system manager as to how
their SLIP is started.  Hope that helps.

--
Kurt Baumann                       InterCon Systems Corporation
703.709.9890                      Creators of fine TCP/IP products