[comp.sys.mac.comm] Anyone have any SCC reprogramming hints?

news@macuni.mqcc.mq.oz (USENET News System) (11/27/90)

From: s8925188@mqcomp.mqcc.mq.OZ (Philip Craig)

Chris has reprogrammed the SCC completely, he says above.

My questions are related to this: Has anyone else done this, and how hard or
easy was it to do? I am interested in running the SCC in a synchronous mode
and using it's HDLC capabilities. Has anyone done this? Can you show me some
source code :-) ?

I am also wondering: is the complete SCC functionality still there in the later
models with all the VLSI chips? I mean, the Z8530 chip seems to have gone the
way of the dodo in my IIfx, is it completely emulated by Apple's replacement,
or is only the functionality that Apple uses ported across?
I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side...

ACSnet          ( s8925188@mqcomp.mq.oz )
UUCP            ( uunet!munnari!mqcomp.mq.oz!s8925188 )
Internet        ( s8925188%mqcomp.mq.oz@uunet.uu.net )