[comp.sys.mac.comm] Fax Modem Software

ma@tadtec.uucp (Mark Armitage) (11/20/90)

Hi,

Does anyone know the US phone number of the Company that produces the
FaxGate Plus faxmodem software.  I think they're called 'Solutions'.  Even
better would be the name and number of a UK distributor.  If there is any
other software that provides the same sort of facilities (Network wide use
of a Fax Modem attached to a Mac), then I would be very interested in
details. Please include phone numbers of companies if you can, as I have
not been able to find any UK distributors who know much about this subject.

Thanks in advance for everyones help.

Mark Armitage,
Support Engineer
Tadpole Technology plc

phone:	+44 223 423030
fax:	+44 223 420772
email:	ma@tadtec.uucp

perl@PacBell.COM (Richard Perlman) (11/22/90)

In article <MA.90Nov20121551@tadtec.uucp> you write:
>Does anyone know the US phone number of the Company that produces the
>FaxGate Plus faxmodem software.  I think they're called 'Solutions'.

Solutions         802-865-9220

Dove, 919-763-7600, claims to have a network Fax product in the
works -- 1st or 2nd qtr 1991.  Don't hold your breath.

Prometheus, 503-624-0571 is also working on network software for
1st qtr 1991.  Note that this requires their V.32 modem at $1000
list.

I think there is also another company in Oregon that has a
network fax product in the $1000 range.

--
   "The universe is not only queerer than we imagine,
    but it is queerer than we can imagine."  J.B.S. Haldane

Bob.Girard@f804.n102.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Bob Girard) (11/28/90)

    The only info on Solutions is:

    Solutions Inc.
    30 Commerce Street
    P.O. Box 783
    Williston, Vermont 05495
    Tel: 802-865-9220
    Fax: 802-865-9224
    MCI: Solutionsinc
    AppleLink: D0053

    Hope this helps you!
    Bob.

--
Bob Girard via cmhGate - Net 226 fido<=>uucp gateway Col, OH
UUCP: ...!osu-cis!n8emr!cmhgate!102!804!Bob.Girard

perl@PacBell.COM (Richard Perlman) (11/29/90)

In article <1990Nov21.215818.3574@PacBell.COM> perl@PacBell.COM I wrote:

>I think there is also another company in Oregon that has a
>network fax product in the $1000 range.

Computer Friends 	(503) 626-2291

Their LightFax 9624 ifax modem is $399, network software is $200.
According to Calvin Smith of "Friends" the network software
requires an AppleShare (CAP will do) or TOPS server for spooling.
However, the fax modem does not (or cannot, I'm not sure which)
need to be attached to the File server.  It can be attached to
any Mac on the net -- presumably the fastest one.

Work is spooled to the file server, the fax server watches the
file server for work (in the background).  Incomming faxes are
either kept on the fax server or spooled to the file server - you
choose.

I have ordered one -- I'll post impressions after we've played
with it a while.
--

derosa@motcid.UUCP (John DeRosa) (12/04/90)

>>I think there is also another company in Oregon that has a
>>network fax product in the $1000 range.

We use FaxGate for MicroSoft Mail.  It is also available for
QuickMail.

IT will allow you to Mail to Fax.  This is neat as you can
compose a mailer and e-mail it hither and yon and also
fax it.

Also FaxGate has utilities to use MS Mail to easily
"print to fax", just like BackFax.

Another gateway for MS Mail and Q-Mail is GatorMail.
This allows you SMTP mail services.
--
=       John DeRosa, Motorola, Inc, Cellular Infrastructure Group          =
= e-mail:    ...uunet!motcid!derosaj, motcid!derosaj@uunet.uu.net          =