[comp.sys.mac.comm] Microphone II 3.01

ralph@cbnewsj.att.com (Ralph Brandi) (12/03/90)

I've ordered two copies of Microphone II in the past few months: one
for my home machine through the Step-Up offer, and one to go with my
brand new IIci at work.  The one at home, received at the end of
September, is version 3.0.  The one I got at work this week is
version 3.01, with a creation date of early September.  I've looked
on the new disks for something detailing the difference between the
two, but can't find anything.  Anyone here know?  Leonard?
--
Ralph Brandi     ralph@mtunq.att.com     att!mtunq!ralph

Please do not reply to ralph@cbnewsj.att.com or att!cbnewsj!ralph;
mail to this address is temporarily broken.  Use the address above.

leonardr@svc.portal.com (Leonard Rosenthol) (12/04/90)

In article <1990Dec2.212401.10475@cbnewsj.att.com>, ralph@cbnewsj.att.com
(Ralph Brandi) writes:

> I've ordered two copies of Microphone II in the past few months: one
> for my home machine through the Step-Up offer, and one to go with my
> brand new IIci at work.  The one at home, received at the end of
> September, is version 3.0.  The one I got at work this week is
> version 3.01, with a creation date of early September.  I've looked
> on the new disks for something detailing the difference between the
> two, but can't find anything.  Anyone here know?  Leonard?
> --
	First let me explain 3.01 - this is what we are calling a 'maintenance'
upgrade'.  It fixes a couple of bugs, but adds no new features.  We released
it as some users found some stuff which we felt was serious enough to call
for an 'upgrade'.  Due it its 'limited' usefulness, we have chosen to make
make a public distribution out of it, but if you call our tech support line
with one of the fixed problems, we will send you the upgrade free of charge.
	As to how you got both versions, you probably just hit at the right
time, when we were switching production over to 3.01 on the masters.  Again,
3.0.1 is bug fixes, and if you might as well use it if you have it!!

Leonard Rosenthol
--
Leonard Rosenthol
Software Ventures Corp.

reich@well.sf.ca.us (Richard Reich) (12/05/90)

Leonard,

Does 3.0.1 fix:

(1) The crash I often have running MicroEditor or miniWriter on top of
MPII;
(2) The zmodem incompatibilities with SmartCom.

If so, I need it!

Thanks.

-r

daven@svc.portal.com (12/06/90)

In article <21965@well.sf.ca.us> reich@well.sf.ca.us (Richard Reich) writes:
>Does 3.0.1 fix:
>
>(1) The crash I often have running MicroEditor or miniWriter on top of
>MPII;
>(2) The zmodem incompatibilities with SmartCom.

No. I doubt it fixes any problems with miniWriter. However, we'll look at
it if you can describe what the problem is.

MicroEditor is old, and doesn't get too much attention anymore. All I can say
is that it works for us when we test it, but I wouldn't be suprised if it has
problems. I doubt our beta testers banged on it too much, simply because there
are much better text editing DA's, and I'm sure they use them over miniWriter
and MicroEditor.

As for ZMODEM, if you can describe the problem, we'll look into that as well.
We have the latest version of Smartcom here, and we don't see any problems
between us and them.

-Dave Newman
-Software Ventures
-MicroPhone II Development

Dave Newman - Sofware Ventures        | daven@svc.portal.com | AppleLink: D0025
Berkeley, CA  (415) 644-3232          | AOL: MicroPhone      | CIS: 76004,2161