[comp.sys.mac.comm] Set up a Network News Host on Mac?

derosa@motcid.UUCP (John DeRosa) (12/11/90)

Is there a News Host program for the MAcintosh?

I.E. can a new system be set up on the Macintosh
seperate from a Unix host?
--
=       John DeRosa, Motorola, Inc, Cellular Infrastructure Group          =
= e-mail:    ...uunet!motcid!derosaj, motcid!derosaj@uunet.uu.net          =

kdb@macaw.intercon.com (Kurt Baumann) (12/12/90)

In article <5349@crystal9.UUCP>, derosa@motcid.UUCP (John DeRosa) writes:
> Is there a News Host program for the MAcintosh?
>
> I.E. can a new system be set up on the Macintosh
> seperate from a Unix host?

Not today.  Unless ICE is supporting NNTP now?  But keep your eyes open.

Kurt
--
Kurt Baumann                       InterCon Systems Corporation
703.709.9890                      Creators of fine TCP/IP products

time@tbomb.ice.com (Tim Endres) (12/12/90)

In article <27651577.40E4@intercon.com>, kdb@macaw.intercon.com (Kurt Baumann) writes:
> Not today.  Unless ICE is supporting NNTP now?  But keep your eyes open.

We do not (yet) support NNTP service, but uAccess is fully capable
of serving news to other hosts via UUCP.

Thanks for bringing this up Kurt. (BTW: What is your snail mail address?)

tim.

Tim Endres                |  time@ice.com
ICE Engineering           |  uupsi!ice.com!time
8840 Main Street          |
Whitmore Lake MI. 48189   |  (313) 449 8288