[comp.sys.mac.comm] Where can I find mac version of ka9q?

wlw2286@isc.rit.edu (Lance Ware) (12/10/90)

I have been trying to locate ka9q for the Mac with no success. I have
checked all the normal ftp sites with no luck. Anyone know where it can
be ftp'd from?

Thanks,
Lance

--
Lance Ware			          	         Mac and IBM Reseller
   wlw2286@ultb.isc.rit.edu

johnston@oscar.ccm.udel.edu (12/13/90)

In article <1990Dec9.184324.26361@isc.rit.edu>, wlw2286@isc.rit.edu (Lance Ware) writes...
>I have been trying to locate ka9q for the Mac with no success. I have
>checked all the normal ftp sites with no luck. Anyone know where it can
>be ftp'd from?

Information regarding ka9q can be obtained by anonymous ftp from
"louie.udel.edu" in the /pub/ka9q directory.

Here is a brief explanatory excerpt from the UserMan.doc file:

"The KA9Q Internet Package is currently the most common  TCP/IP
implementation(if  not the only one!) in use on Amateur Packet Radio.
The software supportsthe IBM PC and clones, the Apple Macintosh, the
Commodore Amiga, and both  BSD and  System 5 Unix variants.
The package provides IP, ICMP, TCP, UDP, and ARPas basic services, and
implements the  FTP,  Telnet,  and  SMTP  protocols  as applications.
The  package also includes a separate mail user interface program by
N3EUA called BM, and software from WA3PXX  for  forwarding  PBBS  mail
over  TCP.   An  associated  set  of software packages provide replacement ROM
firmware for several TNC's, allowing them to be  used  with  the  KA9Q  TCP/IP
Package.   At least two commercial manufacturers, AEA and Kantronics, now sup-
port the KISS protocol in their TNC's, making them usable with TCP/IP.

Charles Hedrick's excellent introduction to TCP/IP can be found in the same
place  you found this document, named TUTORIAL.DOC. If you're new to all this,
go find and read that before you get too wound up in the bits..."

Bill (johnston@oscar.ccm.udel.edu)
Bill Johnston; 38 Chambers St.; Newark, DE 19711; (302)368-1949
"Anybody want to sell me a TCP-IP ready ham-radio ... another techno-toy?"

jfk@krazy.seas.upenn.edu (James F. Kennedy) (12/13/90)

In article <1990Dec9.184324.26361@isc.rit.edu> wlw2286@isc.rit.edu (Lance Ware) writes:
>I have been trying to locate ka9q for the Mac with no success. I have
>checked all the normal ftp sites with no luck. Anyone know where it can
>be ftp'd from?
>

>Thanks,
>Lance
>
>--
>Lance Ware			          	         Mac and IBM Reseller
>   wlw2286@ultb.isc.rit.edu
>        	wlw2286@ultb.UUCP

Lance,

  The binaries and sources for KA9Q and related programs for the Macintosh
are available via anonymous ftp on apple.com.  They are located in
the pub/ham-radio/ directory.  Hope this helps.

							James

--
		James F. Kennedy 	Finger me if you want me;)
	Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory -- The University of Pennsylvania