[net.railroad] N scale modeling

Rene Bach <BACH@SU-SCORE.ARPA> (02/05/85)

Is there anyon interested in N scale modeling. I am a beginner both with
this scale and on this list.

I am in the San Francisco bay area.

Rene Bach
bach@score
-------

kurt%Berkeley@pyuxhh.UUCP (02/07/85)

Hi,
	I just recieved a N scale set in december.
I was in HO when I was younger, but as a rank amature, and now
I am over whelmed.

	I am planning a layout bassed upon the reading in penn.
(after I decied to do this I discovered that some old track of theres
runs within walking distance of where I live in NJ).

	- kurt

Kurt Gluck SPL 1c273a  Bell Communications Research Inc 6 Corporate Place	Piscataway NJ, 08854
      ihnp4!pyuxhh!kurt                   (201)-561-7100 x2023

peterw@reed.UUCP (Peter Williams) (02/13/85)

> Is there anyon interested in N scale modeling. I am a beginner both with
> this scale and on this list.
>
> I am in the San Francisco bay area.
>
> Rene Bach
> bach@score
> -------

I have been 'into' model railroading for several years, but I never have
had the space for a real layout.  So while I'm not a beginner, I am not
very experienced.  What modeling I do is in N scale I would also appreciate
correspondence with anyone else interested.

				Peter Williams
				tektronix!reed!peterw

hkywong%ucbcory@Berkeley (Harry Kim Yee Wong) (02/23/85)

   I've done a smidgeon of N scale modeling myself, a little surprising
considering I have been a ardent HO scaler ever since I was into trains.
I own a small collection of equipment that includes:
	1) a Burlington Northern C636 made by con-cor
	2) six BN covered hoppers by Atlas
	3) several modern 'Railbox' style 50-ft. outside braced boxcars
	4) two cabeese
	5) and a 10-car French TGV train made by Kato of Japan.
   After exploring N-scale for about 3 months, I returned to HO due to the
fact that most N-scale diesels have awfully unrealistic handrails and
lousy low-speed performance.  Most of my HO Athearn and Atlas equipment
(not surprisingly) looks and runs *much* better by comparison.. :-)
I may decide to reinvest in N scale when there are more N locomotives like
the N scale Kato RS-3 imported by Atlas, or if someone turns out one of
those new General Electric DASH 8 locomotives in N ( or ANY scale for that
matter!! :-)
			Harry Wong
			ucbvax! ucbcory.arpa