[comp.sys.mac.comm] Wanted- Tiawana BBS or

mha@memory.UUCP (Mark H. Anbinder) (01/06/91)

Subject:   RE> Wanted: Tiawana BBS or_           QuickMail Reply
In article <91005.1452073XMQGAA@CMUVM.BITNET>, Sari Khoury
<3XMQGAA@CMUVM.BITNET> writes:

>     Want any info on how to obtain the Tiawana (?) BBS program that
> uses the comm toolbox. My friend is in desperate need of it. I know
> it is on one of the developer's CD's but I don't have access to
> those. Thanks...

The Taniwha BBS package, which utilizes many of the capabilities of the Comm
Toolbox and is customizable by those familiar with C programming, is available
on Memory Alpha BBS, which you can call by modem at 607-257-5822.  Memory Alpha
also has the Hermes BBS, a shareware package with a Mac administrator
interface.  In addition, MA is licensed to distribute Apple's Comm Toolbox, so
if you need it to go with the Taniwha software, come and get it!

--
Mark H. Anbinder                   mha@memory.uucp
1063 Warren Road #6                607-257-3480

paul@taniwha.UUCP (Paul Campbell) (01/09/91)

In article <52-890-00002.2745953699.346@memory.UUCP> mha@memory.UUCP (Mark H. Anbinder) writes:
>In article <91005.1452073XMQGAA@CMUVM.BITNET>, Sari Khoury
><3XMQGAA@CMUVM.BITNET> writes:
>
>>     Want any info on how to obtain the Tiawana (?) BBS program that
>> uses the comm toolbox. My friend is in desperate need of it. I know
>> it is on one of the developer's CD's but I don't have access to
>> those. Thanks...
>
>The Taniwha BBS package, which utilizes many of the capabilities of the Comm
>Toolbox and is customizable by those familiar with C programming, is available
>on Memory Alpha BBS, which you can call by modem at 607-257-5822.  Memory Alpha

My news feed has been down for the past few weeks so I missed the start of this.

Taniwha (pronounced Tanefa - last 'a' is short) BBS is also available from
AppleLink and on the MacHack CD. I haven't released a new one since the
current public release, mostly because I haven't had a lot feedback saying
what people want in the next release (ie either next to no-one is using it or it
has no bugs :-), more probably not a lot of people have CTB yet)

	Paul Campbell
	Taniwha Systems

--
Paul Campbell    UUCP: ..!mtxinu!taniwha!paul     AppleLink: CAMPBELL.P
We three kings of Orient are	One on a Tractor 	One in a Car