[comp.sys.mac.comm] WANTED - recommendation for cheap terminal software

rgonzal@elbereth.rutgers.edu (Ralph Gonzalez) (01/07/91)

Hi.  I'm looking for a cheap commercial or shareware terminal package.
My main requirement is that it have a scrolling screen so I can see
what I've done earlier in the session or previous sessions.  The
shareware packages I've seen either don't provide this or tend to bomb
under Multifinder on my Mac II.

Does anyone know if MacTerminal is still available?

Thanks,
Ralph

rgonzal@chowder.rutgers.edu

starta@tosh.UUCP (John Starta) (01/08/91)

rgonzal@elbereth.rutgers.edu (Ralph Gonzalez) writes:

> Hi.  I'm looking for a cheap commercial or shareware terminal package.
> My main requirement is that it have a scrolling screen so I can see
> what I've done earlier in the session or previous sessions.  The
> shareware packages I've seen either don't provide this or tend to bomb
> under Multifinder on my Mac II.

For what you are looking for, I would recommend ZTerm (version .85). It
has a scroll back buffer, is MultiFinder friendly and contains many of most
popular transfer protocols (z-, y- and xmodem). It is shareware ($30, I
believe) and available at most archive sites as well as most information
services.

> Does anyone know if MacTerminal is still available?

Yes, I believe it is upto version 3.0 now. I think APDA has it if you're
interested.

John

--
John A. Starta        Internet: tosh!starta@asuvax.eas.asu.edu
Software Visionary        UUCP: ncar!noao!asuvax!tosh!starta

drew@cup.portal.com (Andrew E Wade) (01/13/91)

re:  cheap terminal software

use zterm.  among the best, best implementation of zmodem, lacks scripting,
has scrolling with buffer as big as you have memory, autodial, macros, etc.
$30 or $40 with disk.

-Drew Wade
drew@objy.com