[comp.sys.mac.comm] X-modem 1K?

kentsu@microsoft.UUCP (Kent SULLIVAN) (01/16/91)

Can someone tell me which (if any) Mac terminal programs (PD, shareware, or
commercial) support X-modem 1K?  I have looked at several, and none of the
ones I have looked at seem to support it.  VersaTerm Pro seems to come the
closest, as it has a checkbox under "XModem Options..." for "1024 Byte YModem
Blocks" but when I talk to it with a program known to support X-modem 1K, the
transmission occurs with 128-byte packets.

Feel free to respond via email if this is an oft-asked question.

Thanks,

Kent Sullivan
Microsoft Corporation
Usenet: {uunet,uw-beaver}!microsoft!kentsu
Internet: microsoft!kentsu@beaver.cs.washington.edu

The opinions expressed in this article are my own and do not necessarily
reflect those of my employer.

chas@netcom.UUCP (Chuck Fisher) (01/16/91)

In article <70045@microsoft.UUCP> kentsu@microsoft.UUCP (Kent SULLIVAN) writes:
>Can someone tell me which (if any) Mac terminal programs (PD, shareware, or
>commercial) support X-modem 1K?  I have looked at several, and none of the
>ones I have looked at seem to support it.  VersaTerm Pro seems to come the
>closest, as it has a checkbox under "XModem Options..." for "1024 Byte YModem
>Blocks" but when I talk to it with a program known to support X-modem 1K, the
>transmission occurs with 128-byte packets.

I use VersaTerm and select "Text Ymodem" or "Binary Ymodem" depending
on the type of file that I download.  The host machine is a Sun
SPARCstation 1 running SunOS 4.1.  The particular command is "sx" which
implements the sending of Xmodem protocol.  Using the "-k" option
insures that 1K packets are being sent.  Watching the dialog box in
VersaTerm indicates that 1K packets are, in fact, being transmitted.
My guess is that your problem is on the host end, and not with
VersaTerm.

Chuck

--
Chuck Fisher                                  Work: (800) 359-7997
chas@netcom.uucp                              Home: (415) 964-2819

In article <70045@microsoft.UUCP>, I wrote:
> Can someone tell me which (if any) Mac terminal programs (PD, shareware, or
> commercial) support X-modem 1K?

Thanks to all who responded.  I have several programs to try now.

Kent Sullivan
Microsoft Corporation