[comp.sys.mac.comm] Microsoft Mail <-> Unix Mail

idc@cs.hw.ac.uk (Ian Crorie) (01/22/91)

A colleague of mine wants to move mail between Microsoft Mail on some
Macs and his Sun Unix mail gateway machine.   He does have an
appletalk <-> ethernet bridge (don't know what type) but not TOPS.

Anyone have any suggestions?

derosa@motcid.UUCP (John DeRosa) (01/24/91)

idc@cs.hw.ac.uk (Ian Crorie) writes:

>A colleague of mine wants to move mail between Microsoft Mail on some
>Macs and his Sun Unix mail gateway machine.   He does have an
>appletalk <-> ethernet bridge (don't know what type) but not TOPS.

We use an SMTP gateway added to Microsoft Mail called GatorMail-M by
Cayman systems.  This allows incoming and outgoing SMTP mail to/from
the Mac world and anyone running an SMTP server (which I am sure
that you are).

Works fine, lasts a long time.
--
=       John DeRosa, Motorola, Inc, Cellular Infrastructure Group          =
= e-mail:    ...uunet!motcid!derosaj, motcid!derosaj@uunet.uu.net          =