[comp.sys.mac.comm] A communication program with adjustable font & size?

cliu@copper.ucs.indiana.edu (chang hsu liu) (01/25/91)

Hi,
	Is there a commercial or shareware communication program that
you can change the font and the size of the font? It would be easier
to watch on a 21" monitor with larger fonts.

Thanks in advance.

Peter Liu

macman@wpi.WPI.EDU (Chris Silverberg) (01/25/91)

In an article cliu@copper.ucs.indiana.edu (chang hsu liu) writes:

>Is there a commercial or shareware communication program that
>you can change the font and the size of the font? It would be easier
>to watch on a 21" monitor with larger fonts.

White Knight will let you choose any font and any size for tty emulation.
For VT100 (or ANSI) WK lets you choose between 12 and 24 pt sizes, although
it's a simple matter to install another font to be used with vt100 emulation.
It just has to be a unproportional font.

   Chris Silverberg                     INTERNET: macman@wpi.wpi.edu
   Worcester Polytechnic Institute      Main Street USA  508-832-7725 (sysop)
   America Online: Silverberg           WMUG BBS  508-832-5844 (sysop)
    "Ask me about TeleFinder... A Macintosh BBS with a Macintosh interface"

magik@chinet.chi.il.us (Ben Liberman) (01/25/91)

In article <1991Jan24.164808.19977@bronze.ucs.indiana.edu> cliu@copper.ucs.indiana.edu (chang hsu liu) writes:
>	Is there a commercial or shareware communication program that
>you can change the font and the size of the font?

The only one that I have is White Knight which will let you set any point size
that you want.  The only sizes that came with it (built in) are 9 and 12 but
it will scale these to any size that you want.

--
	------------    ------------   ----------------------
	Ben Liberman    USENET         magik@chinet.chi.il.us

newton@cs.utexas.edu (Peter Newton) (01/26/91)

>        Is there a commercial or shareware communication program that
> you can change the font and the size of the font? It would be easier
> to watch on a 21" monitor with larger fonts.

MacLayers is a multi-window freeware terminal emulator that supports
font sizes 7, 9, 12, and 13 Bold.  The latter is REALLY easy to read.
Now the caveats.  MacLayers' UNIX server program requires BSD UNIX.
We use it on Suns and Sequents.  I do not recommend that you use MacLayers
in its single window (non-server) mode.  Also, you MUST have an 8 bit
communications link.  MacLayers and the layers server are available via
anonymous ftp from rascal.ics.utexas.edu.  Look in the mac/communications
directory.
 ----
Peter Newton
Computer Sciences, TAY 2.124       (512) 471-9735
University of Texas at Austin      newton@cs.utexas.edu
Austin, TX  78712-1188          ...{uunet|gatech|ames}!cs.utexas.edu!newton