[comp.sys.mac.comm] netnews stack

rlwald@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Robert L. Wald) (01/23/91)

  WHere can I get a copy of the hypercard netnews stack? Mine got corrupted
when I went to 2.0, and the backup is also bad. Thanks.

(I thought it was on apple.com, but it doesn't seem to be or at least I
can't find it)

"Suddenly the Earth Coincidence Control Office (ECCO) removed my
penis and handed it to me ... I shouted, "Who's in charge up there,
a bunch of crazy kids?"   -John Lilly
rlwald@phoenix.princeton.edu

alberti@cs.umn.edu (Albatross) (01/24/91)

In <5610@idunno.Princeton.EDU> rlwald@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Robert L. Wald) writes:
>  WHere can I get a copy of the hypercard netnews stack? Mine got corrupted
>when I went to 2.0, and the backup is also bad. Thanks.
>(I thought it was on apple.com, but it doesn't seem to be or at least I
>can't find it)

Try boombox.micro.umn.edu
--
Bob Alberti  Micro and Wkstn Networks Ctr, U of MN   // aka: Albatross| Unitar-
Internet:    alberti@boombox.micro.UMN.EDU        \\//  The Mars Hotel| ian/

anderson@watserv1.waterloo.edu (G.Anderson - Computing Services) (01/26/91)

I have a problem with netnews entering the ServerIP number.

The package always truncates the last digit. It appears that the
program was not designed to handle the entire range of numbers.

IE. 3 digits.3digits.3digits.3digits

but assumes that the number of characters will be less than that.

Any ideas on how to fix the problem?