[comp.sys.mac.comm] Classic + Ethernet

edgar@shape.mps.ohio-state.edu (Gerald Edgar) (01/26/91)

If you have recommendations (positive or negative) concerning use of
a Mac Classic on an ethernet, please e-mail me.  I guess the way to do
this is with a SCSI ethernet device.  In particular, how hard (easy)
is it to remove termination?
--
  Gerald A. Edgar
  Department of Mathematics             Bitnet:    EDGAR@OHSTPY

klefstad@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Sue Klefstad) (01/29/91)

edgar@shape.mps.ohio-state.edu (Gerald Edgar) writes:

>If you have recommendations (positive or negative) concerning use of
>a Mac Classic on an ethernet, please e-mail me.  I guess the way to do
>this is with a SCSI ethernet device.  In particular, how hard (easy)
>is it to remove termination?

The NuvoLink SC has internal termination that gives no sign of being
easily removed.  In fact, it has only one connector, so it "has"
to be at the end of the chain.
The Adaptec Nodem has two standard scsi connectors and is not
internally terminated.  It worked fine with tcp/ip but I had
problems with our 3Com 3+Share and tcp/ip working together with it.

--
-- Sue
Sue Klefstad    Ill. Natural History Survey    klefstad@uiuc.edu