[comp.sys.mac.comm] Appletalk/network BBS

brown@cwlim.INS.CWRU.Edu (Dan Brown) (01/23/91)

I am interested in knowing if anyone has yet though of writing a bbs for
the mac that is accessable over a network. It could be useable either over
appletalk or via a Fiber-optic/ethernet connection.

Any Suggestion??

--
Dan Brown
brown@cwns1.ins.cwru.edu

time@tbomb.ice.com (Tim Endres) (01/31/91)

In article <1991Jan22.160241.7011@usenet.ins.cwru.edu>, brown@cwlim.INS.CWRU.Edu (Dan Brown) writes:
> I am interested in knowing if anyone has yet though of writing a bbs for
> the mac that is accessable over a network. It could be useable either over
> appletalk or via a Fiber-optic/ethernet connection.
>
> Any Suggestion??

ICE Engineering's uAccess allows you to build a UUCP based news network
on the Macintosh. In fact, at one large company, a complete internal
news network is in place with all company related newsgroups! This
network is built on top of AppleTalk.
In my opinion a much better device than BBS's.

tim.

Disclaimer: As my signature states, I work for ICE.

Tim Endres                |  time@ice.com
ICE Engineering           |  uupsi!ice.com!time
8840 Main Street          |  Voice            FAX
Whitmore Lake MI. 48189   |  (313) 449 8288   (313) 449 9208