[comp.sys.mac.comm] IP *into* a mac... ovver serial lines

kdb@macaw.intercon.com (Kurt Baumann) (02/13/91)

In article <1991Feb11.050826.2542@cbnews.att.com>, joe@cbnews.att.com (Joseph Judge) writes:
> From: joe@cbnews.att.com (Joseph Judge)
> Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.comm
> Subject: IP *into* a mac... ovver serial lines
> Date: 11 Feb 91 05:08:26 GMT
> Sender: joseph.t.judge@att.com
>

> 	OK ... You're probably tired to death of SLIP talk... but here we
> 	go again.
>
> 	What can I run on a Mac, so that when Unix box calls into the
> 	macmodem, that will connect up the Mac to the network that is calling
> 	it?
>
> 	- joe

Currently nothing that I know of.  When PPP gets out there, it will help in this respect (someone correct me if I am wrong), PPP contains callback functionality, so this should do what you need.  But we are some ways off from having that, unless there is someone providing this that I don't know about.

Sorry.

Kurt Baumann                       InterCon Systems Corporation
703.709.9890                      Creators of fine TCP/IP products
703.709.9896 FAX               for the Macintosh.