[comp.sys.mac.comm] modem connect speed problems with MicroPhone II

ianh@bhpmrl.oz.au (Ian Hoyle) (02/13/91)

I'm having a few initial hassles with MicroPhone II having changed over from
White Knight 11.0.

In WK I use a modem init string of ATE0V1X1Q0M1Y0B2L1 and a dial string of
ATDP(ph. number). I successfully get a "CONNECT 2400" response from the
modem I am dialling.

However, if I choose *any* of the hayes compatible modems in Microphone II and
dial using pulse dialling I only get a connect at 300 baud with a "CONNECT"
response from the other end.

Why is this happening?? I even tried the following dial string to no avail:

ATZ,ATE0V1X1Q0M1Y0B2L1,ATDP(ph. number)

Any ideas anyone ?? I'm stumped :-( Besides, it's been a *long* day.

		ian
--
                Ian Hoyle
     /\/\       Image Processing & Data Analysis Group

han@Apple.COM (Byron Han) (02/14/91)

In article <ianh.666448475@morgana> ianh@bhpmrl.oz.au (Ian Hoyle) writes:
>I even tried the following dial string to no avail:
>
>ATZ,ATE0V1X1Q0M1Y0B2L1,ATDP(ph. number)

In general, it is  bad idea to include anything after ATZ on the same
command line.  Many modems will choke on this.  I found out the hard
way when working on the Apple Modem Tool...

--
Byron Han, Software Artist           "This space for rent..."