[comp.sys.mac.comm] NCSA Telnet 2.3 + Asante McCon+SE card bombs?

IRWIN@pucc.Princeton.EDU (Irwin Tillman) (02/14/91)

I am having trouble running NCSA Telnet 2.3 on a Mac SE that has just
had an Asante MacCon+SE Ethernet adapter installed.  Whenever
I launch the application, it bombs, id=12.

I'm running clean 6.0.5 on the old-model SE.  Other than Asante's
software shipped with the card, I'm running no non-Apple items in
the System Folder.  I've tried both EtherTalk 1.2 and 2.0.1, which
ships with the card.  Yes, AppleTalk is turned on, and the EtherTalk
driver (1.2 or 2.0.1) is selected in the Network cdev.  The card seems
to be working, since normal Chooser-accessible services seem fine.

Has anyone else had success running NCSA Telnet 2.3 with this hardware?
(Or conversely, have others run into the same problem?)

resnick@cogsci.uiuc.edu (Pete Resnick) (02/14/91)

IRWIN@pucc.Princeton.EDU (Irwin Tillman) writes:

>I am having trouble running NCSA Telnet 2.3 on a Mac SE that has just
>had an Asante MacCon+SE Ethernet adapter installed.  Whenever
>I launch the application, it bombs, id=12.

First, I am assuming you are not using MacTCP, and are instead using
the regular NCSA Telnet with its own TCP. My guess is that config.tel
does not have the proper harware setting. For a Mac SE it should be
hardware=EtherSE. Try that.

pr
--
Pete Resnick             (...so what is a mojo, and why would one be rising?)
Graduate assistant - Philosophy Department, Gregory Hall, UIUC