[comp.sys.mac.comm] Latest Hermes

Nicholas_Brooker@kcbbs.gen.nz (Nicholas Brooker) (02/11/91)

I have been running a Mac BBS for about 2 years now, using various software
along the way.

The latest is the Hermes 1.0 that came via the binaries.  This seem
an excellant package, but has some holes and some mean bugs.  What is
the latest version of Hermes?  and does it now support voting?  externals?
If so can you still use WWIV externals or is the file format different.

thanks for you help

Nick

Jahnke@joplin.biosci.arizona.edu (Jerome Jahnke) (02/13/91)

In article <1991Feb11.015933.6375@kcbbs> Nicholas_Brooker@kcbbs.gen.nz
(Nicholas Brooker) writes:
>I have been running a Mac BBS for about 2 years now, using various software
>along the way.
>
>The latest is the Hermes 1.0 that came via the binaries.  This seem
>an excellant package, but has some holes and some mean bugs.  What is
>the latest version of Hermes?  and does it now support voting?  externals?
>If so can you still use WWIV externals or is the file format different.
>
>thanks for you help
>
>Nick

1.06 was the last I have seen.

It supports Voting via an External. Does that answer you questions??

Jer,
----
Jerome Jahnke
University of Arizona
jahnke@joplin.biosci.arizona.edu
(602) 621-3820

rlinton@fizzgig.tcs.com (Richard Linton) (02/14/91)

In article <2468@amethyst.math.arizona.edu>,
Jahnke@joplin.biosci.arizona.edu (Jerome Jahnke) writes:
|> In article <1991Feb11.015933.6375@kcbbs> Nicholas_Brooker@kcbbs.gen.nz
|> (Nicholas Brooker) writes:
|> >I have been running a Mac BBS for about 2 years now, using various
software
|> >along the way.
|> >
|> >The latest is the Hermes 1.0 that came via the binaries.  This seem
|> >an excellant package, but has some holes and some mean bugs.  What is
|> >the latest version of Hermes?  and does it now support voting?  externals?
|> >If so can you still use WWIV externals or is the file format different.
|> >
|> >thanks for you help
|> >
|> >Nick
|> >
|> 1.06 was the last I have seen.
|>
|> It supports Voting via an External. Does that answer you questions??
|>
|> Jer,
|> ----
|> Jerome Jahnke
|> University of Arizona
|> jahnke@joplin.biosci.arizona.edu
|> (602) 621-3820

latest version is now 1.0.8.
================================ Address ===============================
Richard Linton,
Information Systems Manager	Teknekron Communications Systems
	415/649-3875		2121 Allston Way, Berkeley, CA 94704
internet: rlinton@tcs.com

igor@reed.UUCP (Thomas A. Creedon) (02/14/91)

In <2468@amethyst.math.arizona.edu> Jahnke@joplin.biosci.arizona.edu (Jerome Jahnke) writes:

>In article <1991Feb11.015933.6375@kcbbs> Nicholas_Brooker@kcbbs.gen.nz
>(Nicholas Brooker) writes:
.
.
>>The latest is the Hermes 1.0 that came via the binaries.  This seem
>>an excellant package, but has some holes and some mean bugs.  What is
>>the latest version of Hermes?  and does it now support voting?  externals?
>>If so can you still use WWIV externals or is the file format different.
.
.
>1.06 was the last I have seen.

>----
>Jerome Jahnke
>University of Arizona
>jahnke@joplin.biosci.arizona.edu

     The latest as of this time is v1.0.8.  It supports externals and several
voting externals have been written for it.  I'm not sure if Hermes v1.0.8 will
allow you to use WWIV externals.

     You might try logging into the Hermes Support BBS.  The board is run by
the author of Hermes.  The number is 1-213-275-6975.

Toodle-loooooooooo.......
Thomas A. Creedon
Reed College

mrx@dhw68k.cts.com (Mark Murphy) (02/19/91)

In article <2468@amethyst.math.arizona.edu> Jahnke@joplin.biosci.arizona.edu (Jerome Jahnke) writes:
>In article <1991Feb11.015933.6375@kcbbs> Nicholas_Brooker@kcbbs.gen.nz
>>
>>The latest is the Hermes 1.0 that came via the binaries.  This seem
>>an excellant package, but has some holes and some mean bugs.  What is
>>the latest version of Hermes?  and does it now support voting?  externals?
>
>1.06 was the last I have seen.
>
>It supports Voting via an External. Does that answer you questions??

   Actually, the latest version of Hermes is 1.0.8 and I hear another version
is on the way.  1.0.8 supports externals but it does not use WWIV externals.
There are several externals already out, quite a few of them are buggy and
are not v1.0 releases.  I have refrained from using externals until all the
bugs have been worked out.  Programmers of externals for Hermes have tremendous
power over the BBS files... so if there is a nasty nug, it could corrupt your
Hermes Shared file (bad news)!

--
| Real Life: Mark F. Murphy         | What kinda beer do you like?           |