[comp.sys.mac.comm] Telebit T2500 strangeness

hhwong@aludra.usc.edu (Henry Hwong) (02/19/91)

My T2500 sometimes breaks out of CONNECT mode and spits out an OK when I
type CTRL-C.  This is very weird, because it doesn't always do that.  It's
just like when you tell the modem to send a "break" and it hops out of
CONNECT.  Is this some sort of "feature?"  Very annoying.

-Henry (hhwong@usc.edu)

gandrews@netcom.COM (Greg Andrews) (02/20/91)

In article <15049@chaph.usc.edu> hhwong@aludra.usc.edu (Henry Hwong) writes:
>My T2500 sometimes breaks out of CONNECT mode and spits out an OK when I
>type CTRL-C.  This is very weird, because it doesn't always do that.  It's
>just like when you tell the modem to send a "break" and it hops out of
>CONNECT.  Is this some sort of "feature?"  Very annoying.

Nope, that's not a feature.  The T2500's default configuration will drop
into command mode when you send a break (S54=0), but it won't do that if
you merely send a CTRL-C.  Even if you programmed the modem to look for
CTRL-C as the 'escape' character (S2=3), it would take three consecutive
presses with a one second pause before and after.  Simply pressing it
once wouldn't do the trick.

I would guess that something somewhere is sending a break signal when you
press CTRL-C.  If you set S54=3, then the modem will pass breaks through
and not drop into command mode.  Try that and see if the problem stops.

--
| Greg Andrews      |   gandrews@netcom.COM |