[comp.sys.mac.comm] "ping" for the Mac

bmb@bae.bellcore.com (Barton Mendez) (02/20/91)

I am looking for a Mac version of the "ping" software that is available on
Berkeley Unix systems.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Bart Mendez

--
Barton Mendez
Bell Communications Research

john@newave.UUCP (John A. Weeks III) (02/22/91)

In article <1991Feb19.192111.19139@porthos.cc.bellcore.com> bmb@bae.bellcore.com (Bart Mendez) writes:
> I am looking for a Mac version of the "ping" software that is available on
> Berkeley Unix systems.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?

If you don't find what you are looking for, check out NSCA Telnet.  It
responds to pings issued from a BSD machine.

BTW, NSCA Telnet has the coolest "about" box of any program that I have
ever seen on the Mac.

-john-

John A. Weeks III               (612) 942-6969               john@newave.mn.org
NeWave Communications                 ...uunet!rosevax!tcnet!wd0gol!newave!john