[comp.sys.mac.comm] Quickmail - SE30 Proble

mha@memory.UUCP (Mark H. Anbinder) (02/28/91)

Subject:   RE> Quickmail - SE30 Problem?         QuickMail Reply

In article <27A76002.5623@ics.uci.edu>, ajauch@bonnie.ics.uci.edu (Alexander
Edwin Jauch) says:
> I have recently heard a nasty rumor: That CE's Quickmail will not
> operate as a gateway on an SE30 (ethernet). Is this true?

Yes, partly.  CE Software has acknowledged that there is a problem running the
QuickMail server software on an SE/30 with an internal Ethernet card.  This
problem is apparently due to QuickMail interrupts interfering with EtherTalk
interrupts when an '030 PDS card is involved.  They are unfortunately not sure
that it is something they can FIX, because it may be too fundamental to the way
the software works.

I have no idea whether the same would be true of an '030 PDS Ethernet card
running in a Mac IIsi, but I will check.

--
Mark H. Anbinder                   mha@memory.uucp
1063 Warren Road #6                607-257-3480