[comp.sys.mac.comm] ncsa telnet and Mac X

cattanac@cs.uiuc.edu (Scott Cattanach) (02/27/91)

Is there any movement to make one of these 2 programs work with the other.
I want both up at the same time.

Thanks.

--
 -catt (Scott Cattanach - catt@uiuc.edu)

"I have come to the conclusion that one useless man is called a disgrace,
that two become a law firm, and that three or more become a congress."

hpoppe@ncar.ucar.edu (Herb Poppe) (02/27/91)

In article <1991Feb26.220937.21224@m.cs.uiuc.edu> cattanac@cs.uiuc.edu
(Scott Cattanach) writes:
> Subject: ncsa telnet and Mac X
> Is there any movement to make one of these 2 programs work with the
other.
> I want both up at the same time.

I have no problem running the MacTCP version of NCSA Telnet with MacX.
My Mac is directly connected to Ethernet, though that should not be an issue.

Herb Poppe             hpoppe@ncar.ucar.edu
NCAR                      (303) 497-1296
1850 Table Mesa Dr.
Boulder, CO  80307-3000

cattanac@cs.uiuc.edu (Scott Cattanach) (02/28/91)

hpoppe@ncar.ucar.edu (Herb Poppe) writes:

>In article <1991Feb26.220937.21224@m.cs.uiuc.edu> cattanac@cs.uiuc.edu
>(Scott Cattanach) writes:
>> Subject: ncsa telnet and Mac X
>> Is there any movement to make one of these 2 programs work with the
>other.
>> I want both up at the same time.

>I have no problem running the MacTCP version of NCSA Telnet with MacX.
>My Mac is directly connected to Ethernet, though that should not be an issue.

MacX is telling me that none of the connection tools are working.

--

hpoppe@ncar.ucar.edu (Herb Poppe) (02/28/91)

In article <1991Feb27.172502.16052@m.cs.uiuc.edu> cattanac@cs.uiuc.edu
(Scott Cattanach) writes:
> >I have no problem running the MacTCP version of NCSA Telnet with MacX.
> >My Mac is directly connected to Ethernet, though that should not be an
issue.

> MacX is telling me that none of the connection tools are working.

I did have a problem on another Mac which I believe was caused by Shiva's
NetModem software. I rebuilt the system without Shiva's software and it
worked.