[comp.sys.mac.comm] help needed with mac com toolbox

beser@tron.UUCP (Eric Beser) (03/05/91)

I am trying to program with the mac comm toolbox. I want to
open a connection manager and then open a terminal window
to connect to a vax, then I want to close the terminal window
but leave the port active reading and writing data to and
from the port. I am using think pascal (latest version).

I am following examples from Dr. Dobbs, but I have no other
examples to work from. When I go to allocate a handle for
the connection manager, it comes back zero. I don't know
other examples so I don't know if the Dr. Dobbs article was
correct.

The example that comes with the toolbox works ok. Is there
source code for the example around? could someone take pity on
me and email the example? The manual is not too intuitive,
and I wonder if some of my steps are out of order. Has anyone
got examples to do what I want to do???

Thanks,

Frustrated
(Eric Beser)

mandel@vax.anes.tulane.edu (Jeff E Mandel MD MS) (03/05/91)

In article <711@tron.UUCP> beser@tron.UUCP (Eric Beser) writes:

>I am trying to program with the mac comm toolbox. [deleted stuff] Has anyone
>got examples to do what I want to do???

I found my local Apple Engineer very helpful in getting me what I needed to
program with Comm toolbox (I so far have only used the XCMDs, but the source
code seemed readable). You might try giving yours a call. While they are not as
lonely as Maytag repairmen, I have found that they appreciate being viewed as
useful resources on Apple-supplied tools such as Comm toolbox.

Jeff E Mandel MD MS
Asst Professor of Anesthesiology
Tulane University School of Medicine
New Orleans, LA