[comp.sys.mac.comm] Eudora Problem

jansk@ulrik.uio.no (Jan Skramstas) (03/06/91)

I have the following problem with Eudora 1.2b31: When trying to remove a
mailbox called "Untitled" (which is of the folder type) I get the following
error message: Error removing mailbox Untitled. The document is busy (115765).
I also had the problem that this version of Eudora crashed when I had Suitcase
II installed in my System folder. As soon as I removed Suitcase this problem
was "solved". If anybody has a solution to these problems, please contact me at
my e-mail adress jansk@ulrik.uio.no

Jan Skramstad
University of Oslo
Department of Chemistry

bschmidt@bnr.ca (Ben Schmidt (BNR)) (03/07/91)

In article <1991Mar6.152432.26503@ulrik.uio.no> jansk@ulrik.uio.no (Jan
Skramstas) writes:
> I also had the problem that this version of Eudora crashed when I had
> Suitcase II installed in my System folder. As soon as I removed Suitcase
> this problem was "solved".

Eudora 1.2b31 works well on my MacIIci (sys 6.0.5) even running SuitCase
II 1.2.8.  Perhaps it's your version of Suitcase?  Or perhaps with
Suitcase running, you open enough additional suitcase files that your Mac
can't open any more for Eudora?   You might try bumping up the maximum
number of files your mac can simultaneously open, using the Power User
features in SuitCase.

Ben Schmidt     Bell-Northern Research, Ltd.   Ph: (613) 763-3906
Information     P.O. Box 3511, Station C       FAX:(613) 763-3283
Technology      Ottawa Canada K1Y 4H7          bschmidt@bnr.ca

dorner@pequod.cso.uiuc.edu (Steve Dorner) (03/08/91)

>I have the following problem with Eudora 1.2b31

Everybody:  please report bugs by mail to me.  I don't always keep up
with news.

>When trying to remove a
>mailbox called "Untitled" (which is of the folder type) I get the following
>error message: Error removing mailbox Untitled. The document is busy (115765).

It's hard to say what the problem is without knowing what you were doing.
Had you just created the mailbox?  What windows did you have open?  What
folders were displayed in the Mailboxes window?

>I also had the problem that this version of Eudora crashed when I had Suitcase
>II installed in my System folder. As soon as I removed Suitcase this problem
>was "solved".

Well, that makes the vote on Suitcase vs Eudora 2 to 8 or so.  There is
evidently a problem.  I assume you have version 1.2.8 of Suitcase and
a 512KE/Plus/SE/Classic/Portable?
Internet: s-dorner@uiuc.edu  UUCP: uunet!uiucuxc!uiuc.edu!s-dorner