[comp.sys.mac.comm] Sumex locked up?

jdw4374@cec2.wustl.edu (The Mad Hatter) (03/07/91)

Hi!

	Recently, for the past two days, I've been trying to FTP to sumex,
	but haven't been available since every time that I have tried (about
	a dozen or so, at differing times of the day), all the guest
	connections have been used.  Any idea what's going on over there,
	or have I just been very unlucky?

|     Jeff Wolman           |     I am NOT Mad as a Hatter!           |
|  (314)862-2900/889-5397   |     My swinging from the rafters is not |
|   jdw4374@cec2.wustl.edu  |     actually happening; it just looks   |
|   AOL: JeffW15            |     like it.  You're crazy, not me!     |

bschmidt@bnr.ca (Ben Schmidt (BNR)) (03/09/91)

In article <1991Mar7.155829.230@cec1.wustl.edu> jdw4374@cec2.wustl.edu
(The Mad Hatter) writes:
> Recently, for the past two days, I've been trying to FTP to sumex,
> but haven't been available since every time that I have tried (about
> a dozen or so, at differing times of the day), all the guest
> connections have been used.  Any idea what's going on over there,
> or have I just been very unlucky?

sumex recently had a limit of 25 simultaneous anonymous ftp users
installed.  I have no problem getting in at 5:00 AM their time.  :-)
Course if you don't live on the east coast, that means getting up pretty
early.  :-)

Ben Schmidt     Bell-Northern Research, Ltd.   Ph: (613) 763-3906
Information     P.O. Box 3511, Station C       FAX:(613) 763-3283
Technology      Ottawa Canada K1Y 4H7          bschmidt@bnr.ca