[comp.sys.mac.comm] WDEF A virus alert from DigiBoard

merlyn@digibd.com (Merlyn LeRoy) (03/08/91)

The WDEF A virus was inadvertently included on the driver disk for
the DigiCHANNEL Nu/Xi serial port board; the disk is numbered PN 40000480B.
The new driver is PN 40000480C; contact DigiBoard customer service at
(612) 922-8055 to get the new driver (the software is the same).  We are
also adding the Communications Toolbox installer and connection tools
to the release, so you can get these as well.  Sorry for any inconvenience.

---
Brian Westley
DigiBoard

john@newave.UUCP (John A. Weeks III) (03/11/91)

In article <1991Mar07.174314.12822@digibd.com> merlyn@digibd.com (Merlyn LeRoy) writes:
> The WDEF A virus was inadvertently included on the driver disk for
> the DigiCHANNEL Nu/Xi serial port board; the disk is numbered PN 40000480B.

Thanks for letting us know!  Even though I do not use your product, I
salute your honesty.  Anyone that deals with a large volume of floppy
disks is bound to get hit by a virus sooner or later--even software
developers are not immune.

I have seen other developers try to lie their way out of this problem, but
they usually ended up pissing off all of their clients.

-john-

John A. Weeks III               (612) 942-6969               john@newave.mn.org
NeWave Communications                 ...uunet!rosevax!tcnet!wd0gol!newave!john