[comp.sys.mac.comm] Comm. Toolbox add-ons?

kentsu@microsoft.UUCP (Kent SULLIVAN) (02/25/91)

I apologize if this is an oft-asked question; I'm not a regular subscriber to
this group but will monitor it for awhile.

Has Apple or anyone else published more file transfer and terminal emulation
tools for the Communications Toolbox?  I installed the Toolbox as part of
Mac Terminal 3.1 and would like to have, among other things, a Kermit file
transfer tool.

Please post or email if it's a question that's likely to generate a lot of
traffic; I can post a summary.

Thanks!

Kent Sullivan
Microsoft Corporation

The opinions expressed in this article are my own and do not necessarily
reflect those of my employer.

igeoff@lingua.cltr.uq.OZ.AU (Geoff Isaacs) (03/01/91)

kentsu@microsoft.UUCP (Kent SULLIVAN) writes:

>I apologize if this is an oft-asked question; I'm not a regular subscriber to
>this group but will monitor it for awhile.

>Has Apple or anyone else published more file transfer and terminal emulation
>tools for the Communications Toolbox?  I installed the Toolbox as part of
>Mac Terminal 3.1 and would like to have, among other things, a Kermit file
>transfer tool.

>Please post or email if it's a question that's likely to generate a lot of
>traffic; I can post a summary.

>Thanks!

>Kent Sullivan
>Microsoft Corporation

>The opinions expressed in this article are my own and do not necessarily
>reflect those of my employer.

I too would like a kermit add on to MacTerminal!!

At present I use MacTerminal with its bigger font for reading mail etc
and MacKermit 0.98 (I think) for up/down loading.  Its a nuisance.

han@Apple.COM (Byron Han) (03/12/91)

In article <70855@microsoft.UUCP> kentsu@microsoft.UUCP (Kent SULLIVAN) writes:
>I apologize if this is an oft-asked question; I'm not a regular subscriber to
>this group but will monitor it for awhile.
>
>Has Apple or anyone else published more file transfer and terminal emulation
>tools for the Communications Toolbox?  I installed the Toolbox as part of
>Mac Terminal 3.1 and would like to have, among other things, a Kermit file
>transfer tool.

There is a company that is working on a KERMIT and a ZMODEM file transfer tools
You might contact Peter Mackie at D0937@applelink.apple.COM.

--
Byron Han, CommToolbox Emir       Changing the world, one connection at a time