[comp.sys.mac.comm] Gatorbox CAP vs. NFS

dhoyman@fammed.wisc.edu (03/09/91)

I have a Gatorbox using CAP to run AUFS (Apple Unix File Server) on a Sun
SparcStation.  While adding CAP was free, it's not really fast enough for many
uses (such as applications themselves).  I could add GatorShare, which gives me
a similar file server via NFS.

My question is whether this is fast enough to warrant the $1000?

kdb@macaw.intercon.com (Kurt Baumann) (03/14/91)

In article <1991Mar8.220614.14706@pslu1.psl.wisc.edu>, dhoyman@fammed.wisc.edu
writes:

> I have a Gatorbox using CAP to run AUFS (Apple Unix File Server) on a Sun
> SparcStation.  While adding CAP was free, it's not really fast enough for many
> uses (such as applications themselves).  I could add GatorShare, which gives
me
> a similar file server via NFS.
>
> My question is whether this is fast enough to warrant the $1000?

You could try one of the client NFS packages that are on the market now.

TWG MacPathWay NFS
InterCon NFS/Share

Get in touch with either company and see if this will help.

Kurt Baumann                       InterCon Systems Corporation
703.709.9890                      Creators of fine TCP/IP products
703.709.9896 FAX               for the Macintosh.