[comp.sys.mac.comm] break key help

sac@Apple.COM (Steve Cisler) (03/16/91)

I need to know how to activate a true break key (not contol-c)
in Red Ryder, White Knight, macTerminal, Microphone, Versaterm.

Glossbresser's book on P.C. communications says "A true BREAK signal
is not an ASCII code. It is a sustained high signal--also called a space
or a logical 0--lasting between 200 and 600 millioseconds."

I would appreciate a mail response so Ican help the person who asked
this question.  thanks very much in advance.

Steve Cisler
sac@apple.com

chai@hawk.cs.ukans.edu (Ian Chai) (03/17/91)

A true break on RedRyder is activated by Shift-Delete (or shift-backs
space, as it is known on the older keyboards.) It seems to work for
other terminal programs, too. (I think it even works for Telnet.)

Ian Chai
chai@cs.ukans.edu
2fntnougat@ukanvax.bitnet

makmur@paul.rutgers.edu (Hanz Makmur) (03/18/91)

In article <50332@apple.Apple.COM> sac@Apple.COM (Steve Cisler) writes:

> I need to know how to activate a true break key (not contol-c)
> in Red Ryder, White Knight, macTerminal, Microphone, Versaterm.
> Steve Cisler
> sac@apple.com

Break Key on VersaTerm is: ENTER  for a LONG BREAK SHIFT-ENTER
you can find this as well as others weird characters from
About VersaTerm menu (under Keyboard Mapping)

Hope this help

Hanz Makmur
Rutgers University

drg@mdaali.cancer.utexas.edu (David Gutierrez) (03/19/91)

In article <50332@apple.Apple.COM> sac@Apple.COM (Steve Cisler) writes:
> I need to know how to activate a true break key (not contol-c)
> in Red Ryder, White Knight, macTerminal, Microphone, Versaterm.

In MacTerminal, use option-Enter (that's the Enter key on the numeric
keypad, or the Keypad menu).

David Gutierrez
drg@mdaali.cancer.utexas.edu

"Only fools are positive." - Moe Howard