[comp.sys.mac.comm] NewsView, 1.0d5 available

urlichs@ira.uka.de (Matthias Urlichs) (03/19/91)

A new version of my NewsView news reader is now available for FTP from
iraun1.ira.uka.de, in directory /pub/mac. Currently it's 1.0d5.

This version still can't post articles, and has problems:
missing features, too many list redraws, and certainly some lingering bugs.
However, I'm reading NetNews with it already...

Please read the README.NewsView file before downloading NewsView.

mxmora@unix.SRI.COM (Matt Mora) (03/20/91)

In article <1991Mar19.122805.29494@ira.uka.de> urlichs@ira.uka.de (Matthias Urlichs) writes:
>A new version of my NewsView news reader is now available for FTP from
>iraun1.ira.uka.de, in directory /pub/mac. Currently it's 1.0d5.
>
>This version still can't post articles, and has problems:
>missing features, too many list redraws, and certainly some lingering bugs.
>However, I'm reading NetNews with it already...
>
>Please read the README.NewsView file before downloading NewsView.

Matthias,

I loved your first version. One time when I selected Quit from the file
menu it said something like "Can not complete request do to program error."
I thought that was pretty funny. But overall I like the concept. Keep up
the good work.

Matthew Mora                |   my Mac  Matt_Mora@sri.com
SRI International           |  my unix  mxmora@unix.sri.com