[comp.sys.mac.comm] NLP

Pat.Plummer@f15.n347.z1.Fidonet.Org (Pat Plummer) (03/27/91)

CZ>   Since a graphic interface on the user end tends to slow things
CZ> down a bit I'm surprised that so many people are
CZ> pursuing it.

Actually I've been suprised-- so far the icons *seem* to speed up things a bit. Only thing is that the user has to be using NovaTerm (the NLP term
program) to benefit from the icons and graphics. NT is, it seems to me, a
bit limited yet in its capabilities but this is to change in the future
apparently.

CZ>  If people want to add a nice graphic front end to their BBS'ing
CZ> then I recommend they get point software and cut down on their
CZ> connect time as well. This is the BEST solution to the whole
CZ> problem. It's also a heck of a lot more efficient.

You're probably right for those users who are real echomail kinds a guys.
                                Pat

 * Origin: Dark Star//9600 DS/HST  503.881.1733 (1:347/15)