[comp.sys.mac.comm] Telecommunication Software

rcook@ncsa.uiuc.edu (Robert Cook) (03/26/91)

Does anyone have any advise on what communications software to use for
general use?  Configuration is a Mac Classic with a Global Teleport A300(?)
which plugs into the ADB port. I have several packages (MacTerminal, Versaterm,
Red Ryder, HayesConnect) at work, but nobody knows where the documentation is.
I've tried playing around with all of them to see which I like, but with
NO experience in telecommunications, I can't get anything to work.
Any help would be greatly apprectiated.

Robert Cook (rcook@ncsa.uiuc.edu)

starta@tosh.UUCP (John Starta) (03/27/91)

rcook@ncsa.uiuc.edu (Robert Cook) writes:

> Does anyone have any advise on what communications software to use for
> general use?  Configuration is a Mac Classic with a Global Teleport A300(?)
> which plugs into the ADB port. I have several packages (MacTerminal, Versater
> [...]

My personal favorite is MicroPhone II, but for just basic telecommunication
abilities, you may find it a bit expensive. Therefore, I would recommend the
shareware app, ZTerm .85. It's quick, easy-to-use, and relatively feature
filled. You should be able to find a copy of ZTerm at your local user group,
or BMUG.

John

--
John A. Starta        Internet: tosh!starta@asuvax.eas.asu.edu
Chief Technologist        UUCP: ...ncar!noao!asuvax!tosh!starta