[comp.sys.mac.comm] How do I connect from a macplus to a DB9 PC serial port?

andyc@bucky.intel.com (Andy Crump) (03/27/91)

I am trying to directly connect my macplus to a DOS PC with a DB9
serial port to transfer files in my terminal emulator program.  Anyone
know where I can buy a mating connector?

Thanks,

--

    -- Andy Crump

    ...!tektronix!reed!littlei!andyc | andyc@littlei.intel.com
    ...!uunet!littlei!andyc          | andyc@littlei.uu.net

Disclaimer: Any opinions expressed here are my own and
            not representive of Intel Corportation.

dewhirst@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (03/28/91)

In article <ANDYC.91Mar27043824@bucky.intel.com>, andyc@bucky.intel.com (Andy Crump) writes:

> I am trying to directly connect my macplus to a DOS PC with a DB9
> serial port to transfer files in my terminal emulator program.  Anyone
> know where I can buy a mating connector?

Are you using a Mac Plus with an mini DIN 8 serial connector? Or does it have
the old DB9 serial connector?

Don't BUY and cable! Build one! All you need is pinout diagrams for both
computers. If you can't find these, or don't understand a word I'm talking
about, tell me.
--
 | Internet: dewhirst@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu | Famous Last Words:              |