[comp.sys.mac.comm] Comments on GraceLan or StatusMac

mxmora@unix.SRI.COM (Matt Mora) (04/09/91)

Has anyone tried any of these products and are using them? We are
trying to decide on which product we should go with. We have interpoll
from apple but it doesn't seem to give back enough information. Does
anybody have any information on polling the responder init for more info?

Matt

Matthew Mora                |   my Mac  Matt_Mora@sri.com
SRI International           |  my unix  mxmora@unix.sri.com

murphy@excalibur.cs.unc.edu (Ransom Murphy) (04/10/91)

In article <23029@unix.SRI.COM> mxmora@sri-unix.sri.com (Matt Mora) writes:
>Has anyone tried any of these products and are using them? We are
>trying to decide on which product we should go with. We have interpoll
>from apple but it doesn't seem to give back enough information. Does
>anybody have any information on polling the responder init for more info?
>
>Thanks for any information you can provide.
>
>Matt

Call GraceLan and they will send you an evaluation copy that
works just like a real version accept that it only allows a few macs
on it and it blows up after a while.

GraceLan will provide you with more information about remote macs
than you ever wanted to know.  I haven't looked at Status Mac
because it required the user to send some kind of mail message to the
administrator and GraceLan does it automatically.  Unfortunately,
GraceLan doesn't provide a database format for storing the
information it obtains.

Ransom

--
Ransom Murphy 			                    Internet: murphy@cs.unc.edu
Department of Computer Science			    PH# 919-962-1708