[comp.sys.mac.comm] Sync Client Clock to Server

mrx@dhw68k.cts.com (Mark Murphy) (04/13/91)

   I'm in need of a utility, an INIT, an XCMD, or source code that will enable
a client Mac to set its clock according to the Server's clock.  I'll be using
this from a HyperCard stack, but an INIT would be just fine.  At this point
I'm looking for anything!  Please send mail.  Thanks in advance...

--
+-----------------------------------+----------------------------------------+
| Real Life: Mark F. Murphy         | What kinda beer do you like?           |

resnick@cogsci.uiuc.edu (Pete Resnick) (04/15/91)

mrx@dhw68k.cts.com (Mark Murphy) writes:

>   I'm in need of a utility, an INIT, an XCMD, or source code that will enable
>a client Mac to set its clock according to the Server's clock.  I'll be using
>this from a HyperCard stack, but an INIT would be just fine.  At this point
>I'm looking for anything!  Please send mail.  Thanks in advance...

My Network Time INIT/cdev sets the clock using MacTCP from a network
time server. Version 1.1.1 available at info-mac (sumex) and other
places, 2.0 is currently in the works (end of the semester, so it will
be a month or so!).

pr
--
Pete Resnick             (...so what is a mojo, and why would one be rising?)
Graduate assistant - Philosophy Department, Gregory Hall, UIUC