[comp.sys.mac.comm] AppleSqwak

tom@stubby.UUCP (Tom Roehl) (04/25/91)

A while back, I saw a post about a new product from Apple called AppleSqwak.
It is supposed to be a new kind of communication package that uses the sound
port.  I lost the original post, and I am interested in finding out more about
this thing, and if it is for real or not.  If anyone remebers it, or has any
information on it, could you let me know?  Thanks.

Tom

Thomas R. Roehl                       UUCP: ...!uunet!stubby!tom
Digital Analysis Corp.  Reston, VA    INET: tom%stubby@uunet.uu.net

jhansen@convex.com (James Hansen) (04/25/91)

In <414@stubby.UUCP> tom@stubby.UUCP (Tom Roehl) writes:

>A while back, I saw a post about a new product from Apple called AppleSqwak.
>It is supposed to be a new kind of communication package that uses the sound
>port.  I lost the original post, and I am interested in finding out more about
>this thing, and if it is for real or not.  If anyone remebers it, or has any
>information on it, could you let me know?  Thanks.

This was an April Fool's joke.  I guess you fell for it :)

--
"Two guys, one cart, fresh pasta; you figure it out"
				-- Suzanne Sugarbaker (Designing Women)

weiss@watson.seas.ucla.edu (Michael Weiss) (04/25/91)

In article <414@stubby.UUCP> tom@stubby.UUCP (Tom Roehl) writes:

>A while back, I saw a post about a new product from Apple called AppleSqwak.
>It is supposed to be a new kind of communication package that uses the sound
>port.  I lost the original post, and I am interested in finding out more about
>this thing, and if it is for real or not.  If anyone remebers it, or has any
>information on it, could you let me know?  Thanks.

AppleSquawk was an April Fool's joke in the April issue of MacWorld.  Let's
face it, can you imagine how awful a room of AppleSquawking Macs would sound?